A MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY
June 1, 2020
As we begin to see restrictions lifted in Ontario, we are actively working on expanding the number of local clinics available for in-person care. As we prepare to welcome you back to our facilities, we want to reassure you that the protection of patients and staff remains our highest priority.
We have made a number of changes to the way our clinics operate and have implemented enhanced measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. In order to offer in-person treatment as safely as possible, we have implemented the Lifemark S.A.F.E.R. approach.
S. SCREENING of all patients and staff in order to ensure safety for all
- When booking an appointment, patients will complete a screening questionnaire via telephone and a secondary in-person screening, consisting of a questionnaire, will be required prior to entering the clinic
- All clinic staff are screened each day before entering the clinic which includes a questionnaire and touchless temperature check
- Face masks and hand sanitizer will be available for all patients and staff
A. ADJUSTING our Workspace to maintain social distancing
- Patient appointment times will be staggered to enable social distancing, screening, and time for cleaning treatment areas and equipment
- Clinic waiting and treatment areas have been rearranged to maintain 2m physical distancing with signage and floor decals as reminders
- Clinic operating hours and clinician schedules will be adjusted to accommodate the above changes
F. FOCUSED EFFORTS on enhanced cleaning/disinfecting our clinics/offices
- Plexiglass screen guards have been installed at all clinics at reception
- Clinics will undergo a thorough cleaning each day
- Following all treatment sessions, staff will clean any equipment used and all high touch surfaces such as door handles
E. EFFECTIVE usage of Personal Protective Equipment ("PPE")
- Every patient will receive a mask prior to the start of their appointment
- Clinics are adhering to all PPE recommendations by provincial public health authorities and professional regulatory bodies
R. REACHING the best possible outcomes for our patients and customers
- We remain committed to ensuring we provide the best possible care for our patients
- Patients can choose between in-person or virtual care service, or a combination of both, to best meet their needs
We will continue to closely monitor re-opening timelines across the country and will provide further updates on these timelines, as well as any changes we may make to patient care.
For the most up‐to‐date details on our locations and services, contact us at 613-747-8787 or email@example.com
April 16, 2020
We hope that you are remaining healthy and safe and importantly we want you to know that we are here for you.
In response to the COVID-19 epidemic, we have focused efforts on enhancing our virtual care experience and its accessibility to patients and have also taken measures to heighten safety for our patients that require urgent in-person care in communities where we operate throughout Canada.
Meeting your needs during the COVID-19 pandemic
While we know Canadians are staying home and doing their part to help stop the spread of the virus, we also know if you have pain or an injury, it just doesn’t just disappear. Our dedicated and experienced clinicians are delivering care through our secure Virtual Care Model. We are passionate about helping you recover and can make a difference by assessing and treating you via Virtual Care, securely in the comfort of your home by a registered clinician. For more information on virtual care visit http://www.prophysiotherapy.com/virtual-care.html
For individuals that are experiencing an urgent situation, a select number of our clinics, covering most communities, are able to see patients on an essential basis. Rest assure that we are using proper procedures and protocols in all of our locations providing in-person care and that patients and staff are screened in accordance with recommendations of our government health agencies and regulatory bodies. Contact (613) 747-8787 to find a location near you.
Our commitment today and for the future
We want to thank our staff in every community across Canada for their unwavering dedication and ability to adapt our services to meet the needs of our patients during the COVID-19 crisis.
As we navigate the COVID-19 crisis, we are doing so in alignment with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Canadian Public Health Agency and Provincial Public Health Authorities. Our virtual and in-person services are continually monitored to ensure we are providing the highest quality and most effective care for our patients and our staff.
Again, we are here for you, today and always.
Stay safe and healthy.
Your Pro Physiotherapy team
March 18, 2020
Your health and safety, and that of our team members, is our absolute priority. We are in an unprecedented time and it is now more important than ever that we come together as we face a global pandemic. For over 25 years, Pro Physio’s mission has been to enrich the health of the community of Greater Ottawa and surrounding areas. This means that, even in times such as these, we are navigating how to provide continuity of care for those who need it while ensuring the wellbeing of our team and patients. Today, we would like to give you an update on how we are modifying care and the measures we have taken in response to COVID-19. We are actively monitoring COVID-19 and following the latest recommendations from governmental and health agencies across the country. We will continue to update you as we all do our part to flatten the curve.
Delivery of care
At the current time, we continue to operate most of our clinics to provide in-person services to patients that require essential or urgent care. This is occurring with mandatory COVID-19 screening before all in-person treatment, in accordance with the Canadian Public Health Agency, provincial health agencies and other leading sources. For most patients, we are moving to our existing Virtual Care Model. This will allow us to continue to offer care to patients across Ottawa while supporting public health initiatives.
As regulated healthcare professionals, we have an essential role to play in the context of infectious disease outbreaks and in doing so we help reduce the strain on our public hospitals, allowing them to better focus their resources on fighting COVID-19.
Safety of staff and patients
Our safety, quality and clinical teams have been working as part of our pandemic planning process to ensure:
- Our patients and staff have the information they need to keep up to date and to make informed decisions regarding their health and service delivery options
- We have the right people, processes and systems in place to safely provide and sustain services to our patients
- Adherence to strict policies and procedures related to COVID-19
- Implementation of active measures including hygiene and sanitization practices, social distancing and enhanced pre-screening before anyone enters the clinic
We would like to thank our clinicians for their support and unwavering commitment to the healthcare of our patients. Together with corporate office at Lifemark, we are working nationally with our healthcare partners and agencies as we navigate delivering care and prioritizing the health and safety of all, every step of the way.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate these challenging times. If you have any questions, you can contact us at 613-747-8787 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.